Reading is plunging into completely new worlds, escaping from reality, widening your knowledge, studying, or relaxing. There is definitely a huge list of books you should read.
List of the Must Read Books
This novel was very influential in its time. It won the Newberry Medal in 1994. This novel tells a story of a 12-year old boy who understands complex secrets that are hiding behind the community he lives in.
It is a life story of Steve Jobs, which is based on dozens of interviews with the genius, as well as his close people.
To Kill a Mockingbird
One of the best books to read, this one takes you away to the core of the human behavior.
The Call of the Wild
A story is centered on the dog during the times of the Klondike Gold Rush. It is stolen and sold and has to adjust to the turns that life brings.
This novel reveals the contradictory and weird, sometimes funny and cruel aspects of life. It is about the imperialistic remains, cultural and racial tapestry in London.
- The Fortress of Solitude is considered to be the first city and urban-oriented piece of literature full of street stories, graffiti, hip-hop, tagging, racism, and loyalty.
- Infinite Jest is an exploration of the key questions why entertainment dominates the lives of people and what it is, in fact.
- Dune takes place on another planet and tells a story of a boy who tries to make a dream true.
- Less Than Zero is a good illustration of the lost generation. Drugs, sex and disaffection, which these people experience at a very young age, shape their future worlds and make them lose hope.
- High Fidelity tells a story of a miserable music record store owner whose world perception changes after his girlfriends dumps him.
- The Rider describes a sport race of 150km and is a book for those who adore bikes.
- Lolita, a controversial story of Nabokov, about an old man who falls in love with a very young girl named Lolita.
- Into the Wild is a story that proves the value of reading books and tells a compelling story of a man who abandoned his previous materialistic life, went into the mountains, and invented a new himself, and eventually died.
- Freedom dwells on the underwater stones of liberty and reveals a moving and touching portrait of the modern time.
- Modern Romance is a humoristic story about the new world of romantic relationships.
- Brave New World tells about the utopian future that awaits humanity when people are no longer born, but genetically generated.
- A People`s History of the United States is a novel about labor told by the working class of various races, religions, and genders.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude reflects the comic and tragic aspects of human existence in this world on the example of the fictional Buend family.
- 1984 is a masterpiece about the frightfulness of totalitarianism and rebels who are fighting against them.
- The Kite Runner is a touching story about true childhood friendship between a poor and a rich.
- Middlesex tells a story about genes mistakes and the life of a hermaphrodite.
- Invisible Man describes a life of a man who grew up in a black community in the South and moved to NY where he became the main spokesman of the Harlem branch of "the Brotherhood".