1) How has water or the lack of it shaped your home environment?
Water has always been considered to be the livelihood of civilization. It is used in agriculture, cleaning, and other roles in the society. In Middle East water is used for transportation by use of ports and other waterways that are a source of livelihood to a lot of people.
2) Choose a Middle Eastern Christian sect and describe its history and beliefs
First-Class Online Research Paper Writing Service
- Your research paper is written by a PhD professor
- Your requirements and targets are always met
- You are able to control the progress of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an excellent student!
The Egyptian Copts is a group of Christian who are 20% of the Egyptian population. They are considered to be descendants of ancient Egyptians who converted to Christianity and made Egypt more so in Alexandria. They speak Arabic. They also have their Christian churches where the holdtheir religious activities.
3) What do the terms Mizrahim, Sephardim, and Ashkenazim refer to ?
Mizrahim are Jews who never left the Middle East and North Africa since the beginnings of the Jewish people 4,000 years ago.
Sephardim are Jew who used to live in Spain
Ashkenazim are descended from Jews who emigrated from Germany and Eastern Europe from the mid 1800s to the early 1900s.
4) To what extent does the United States have vital interests in the Middle East?
United States is today very dependent on oil from Middle East countries. 5 countries in middle East supply a fifth of the oil in America
5) The Middle East is characterized by low rainfall throughout much of its nonee mountainous and no coastal regions. Give three examples of how this has resulted in cultural values or social forms.
There is huge water crisis in countries in Middle East due to shortage and sharing of water as it is not enough for all. Also some of the provinces in areas where there is shortage there is less development.
6) Since Saudi Aramco World is a publication sponsored by an oil company, how do you think this may affect its content and selection of topics? How will this affect the way you read its articles in the future?
The publications by Saudi Aramco, will be biased as they are from a state owned business that controls the majority of oil in Saudi Arabia. The publications cannot be objective enough.
Most popular orders