Living in a dormitory is probably the most memorable part of studying in college. There is no better place to learn how to solve a conflict with your roommate, who decided to drive you crazy, stock food you took from a dining hall or host three times more people than your place can actually fit and conceal it from an R.A.
Are any of these reminding about your being a first-year student? If you do not remember it, read the list of pros of dorm life to recall about alma-mater times. Don’t worry, we didn’t forget about cons.
- Pro: You have your own place to stay… even if it isn’t really yours… even if you sometimes have to tolerate intolerable roommate.
- Con: That feeling when you live on the fifth floor and there is no elevator in the dorm, so you have to carry your stuff upstairs by yourself.
- Pro: Dorm is like a night club – there is a huge number of people hanging out 24/7.
- Con: When you need to wake up early and the jerk next door who is a fan of dubstep keeps you awake all night.
- Pro: A dorm is a separate world of drama and soap opera, special for every inhabitant.
- Con: Lots of people gossip about you even though you do not give any slightest grounds.
- Pro: If you left the room and forgot your keys inside, there’s no need to call the locksmith – just dial your roommate.
- Con: If you get locked out when taking a shower in common bathrooms, it is a disaster as people rarely take phones with them to the shower.
- Pro: You do not need to clean the bathroom as there is usually a person hired to do it in dorms.
- Con: You have nothing else to do than tolerate horrible habits of the other communal bathrooms users until the staff cleans everything up.
- Pro: In dormitories, students are used to sharing food they brought with other people, so you can choose anything you want.
- Con: The place where you usually eat together in a dorm looks far from great at the end of semester.
- Pro: Living in a dorm, one has always someone to party with.
- Con: You stay in a dorm for weekend, so you have to tolerate drunk students’ inadequate behavior.
- Pro: There are common spaces and lounges where you can spend time with your friends.
- Con: For some reason, there is always a guy in playing the guitar everywhere you go.
- Pro: If you date someone from your dorm, you can see each other as often as you wish.
- Con: If you break up with someone across the hall, you will have difficulty hiding from your ex-date.
- If your roommate is never around, you live as if the room is just for you.
- When your roommate is always around and is noisy, you have to tolerate that.
Despite all cons, life in the dorm is awesome – there is no place better to socialize and have some fun!