Reading is plunging into completely new worlds, escaping from reality, widening your knowledge, studying, or relaxing. There is definitely a huge list of books you should read.
List of the Must Read Books
• The Giver
This novel was very influential in its time. It won the Newberry Medal in 1994. This novel tells a story of a 12-year old boy who understands complex secrets that are hiding behind the community he lives in.
• Steve Jobs
It is a life story of Steve Jobs, which is based on dozens of interviews with the genius, as well as his close people.
• To Kill a Mockingbird
One of the best books to read, this one takes you away to the core of the human behavior.
• The Call of the Wild
A story is centered on the dog during the times of the Klondike Gold Rush. It is stolen and sold and has to adjust to the turns that life brings.
• White Teeth
This novel reveals the contradictory and weird, sometimes funny and cruel aspects of life. It is about the imperialistic remains, cultural and racial tapestry in London.
• The Fortress of Solitude is considered to be the first city and urban-oriented piece of literature full of street stories, graffiti, hip-hop, tagging, racism, and loyalty.
• Infinite Jest is an exploration of the key questions why entertainment dominates the lives of people and what it is, in fact.
• Dune takes place on another planet and tells a story of a boy who tries to make a dream true.
• Less Than Zero is a good illustration of the lost generation. Drugs, sex and disaffection, which these people experience at a very young age, shape their future worlds and make them lose hope.
• High Fidelity tells a story of a miserable music record store owner whose world perception changes after his girlfriends dumps him.
• The Rider describes a sport race of 150km and is a book for those who adore bikes.
• Lolita, a controversial story of Nabokov, about an old man who falls in love with a very young girl named Lolita.
• Into the Wild is a story that proves the value of reading books and tells a compelling story of a man who abandoned his previous materialistic life, went into the mountains, and invented a new himself, and eventually died.
• Freedom dwells on the underwater stones of liberty and reveals a moving and touching portrait of the modern time.
• Modern Romance is a humoristic story about the new world of romantic relationships.
• Brave New World tells about the utopian future that awaits humanity when people are no longer born, but genetically generated.
• A People’s History of the United States is a novel about labor told by the working class of various races, religions, and genders.
• One Hundred Years of Solitude reflects the comic and tragic aspects of human existence in this world on the example of the fictional Buendía family.
• 1984 is a masterpiece about the frightfulness of totalitarianism and rebels who are fighting against them.
• The Kite Runner is a touching story about true childhood friendship between a poor and a rich.
• Middlesex tells a story about genes mistakes and the life of a hermaphrodite.
• Invisible Man describes a life of a man who grew up in a black community in the South and moved to NY where he became the main spokesman of the Harlem branch of ‘the Brotherhood.’